Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Day Watermarble

Hey guys! Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I'm getting into the spirit with a cute nail art manicure!

For this manicure, I painted my nails with a base of Nicole by OPI's Yoga-then-Yogurt from their new Spring 2014 collection. After letting that dry completely, I cut out the shapes from scotch tape. I found that sticking the tape to the back of my hand a couple of times and then folding the tape to cut the designs worked best. After that, I taped up my nails and watermarbled with Nicole by OPI's Spring Break from the Selena Gomez collection (if you haven't entered my giveaway, it closes on February 21 so get your entries in!!) and OPI's Mod About You. These are two of my favourite pink polishes of all time, and I love the watermarble effect that they produced. Perfect colours to wear on Valentine's Day! 


Keep reading to find out how to achieve this design!




A tip for watermarbling would be to rub Vaseline/petroleum jelly on the cuticles and surrounding skin so that the polish can be wiped off easily without polish remover. Conditioning and easy cleanup, it's a win-win situation! 

I am so happy with how this design worked out. I think it would work well with any colour combinations and any 4-5 letter word or shapes. I hope you give it a try!

Thanks for reading and Happy Valentine's everyone!

Mandy
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi there~ I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my post please for the questions and stuff! http://peachbubbly.blogspot.com/2014/02/liebster-award-kyaa.html

    ReplyDelete